Collection: HCV Program Management (V.P.M.)
This class is one of the two seminars that comprise the HCV management series. The other seminar is HCV Executive Management, which is designed for executive directors, associate directors, and HCV managers.
HCV Program Management has a similar audience and is designed to be most useful for HCV managers and upper-level management. However, HCV team leaders are also highly encouraged to attend this class. The content areas focus more heavily on technical and regulatory information and include in-depth training on PIC and EIV.
During the class, a program assessment of each function will be made so the manager can focus on how to upgrade program quality. It includes program regulatory knowledge checks and provides management guidance and tools including portability tracking, SEMAP indicator documentation for quality control, and a tool for documenting in-depth file reviews.
When the HCV Program Management course and test is completed with a passing score, the professional is authorized to use the NMA V.P.M. designation.
This is an intermediate-level class. The HCV Specialist class is recommended as a prerequisite.
- Identify and utilize the HUD regulatory program requirements
- Develop effective agency HCV administrative policy, recognizing the distinction between mandatory and discretionary needs
- Demystify HUD systems and utilize them for maximum benefit
- Problem-solve and correct errors in the EIV, PIC, and VMS HUD electronic systems and create tracking systems to eliminate future errors
- Maximize forecasting results for program utilization of HAP and fees funding
- Create a fact-based leasing plan using HUD's two-year tracking tool
- Manage HCV program functions for regulatory compliance
- Manage portability deadlines through a FREE tool
- Conduct comprehensive file reviews
- Utilize a FREE tool to conduct and document SEMAP audits
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Four days
AUDIENCE: HCV program managers and supervisors
PROGRAM LEVEL: Intermediate
PREREQUISITES: Should be a supervisor or higher-level staff person; working knowledge of the HCV program
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $100. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
CREDITS: CPE units = 21, CEU units w/ exam = 1.8
Nan McKay & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasbaregistry.org. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
CPE Sponsor ID# 101539
REGISTER: Select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.