Collection: HCV Specialist
Get three NMA trainings in a single class: eligibility, rent calculation, and occupancy. In just one week, housing specialists can acquire the knowledge they need to do their job.
Upon completion of HCV Specialist, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to determining eligibility, the intake process, occupancy, and rent calculation in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
- Identify and explain key program components
- Describe factors of eligibility, waiting list requirements, and preferences
- Describe and explain the process of voucher issuance
- Describe the various aspects of the leasing process in its entirety
- Analyze and describe the processes associated with annual activities
- Describe and analyze reasons for terminations and the informal hearing process
- Explain and discuss the concept of portability, the challenges it presents, and the expectations for housing authorities on both ends of the process
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate gross rent and maximum rent at initial occupancy
- Calculate the HAP and family share for an HCV family using the payment standard, utility allowance, and gross rent
- Calculate prorated rent for mixed families
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Five days
AUDIENCE: Occupancy specialists, reexamination specialists, eligibility specialists, waiting list specialists, and HCV supervisors and managers
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: Registration includes certification exam. Please select either an in-class or online certification exam when ordering.
AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish will receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information.
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
REGISTER: Select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.