Collection: Public Housing Eligibility
The purpose of this seminar is to teach students how to determine family eligibility for public housing.
Upon completion of Public Housing Eligibility, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to determine eligibility in the public housing program.
- Read and interpret HUD notices, regulations, and other resources with a focus on critical information
- Explain basic PHA responsibilities throughout the program
- Apply HUD requirements regarding fair housing and VAWA to public housing program operations
- Discuss waiting list management as it applies to application taking and processing, preferences, and removal from the waiting list
- Describe the basic principles behind income targeting and deconcentration of poverty
- Discuss the final eligibility determination stage with an emphasis on the screening and eviction rule
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Two days
AUDIENCE: Eligibility specialists, waiting list supervisors, and public housing staff
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $100. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS: CPE units = 12, CEU units w/ exam = 1.0
Nan McKay & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasbaregistry.org. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
CPE Sponsor ID# 101539
AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish will receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information.
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
REGISTER: Select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.