Collection: NSPIRE for Public Housing
NMA’s brand-new NSPIRE for Public Housing seminar covers everything you need to know about HUD’s new National Standards for the Physical Inspection of Real Estate (NSPIRE). Develop and master the skills needed to be an effective and efficient public housing inspector.
You’ll learn about the three new inspectable areas, the new types of inspections applicable to your public housing units, how your physical condition score will be determined, and how that score will impact the frequency of inspections. Most importantly, you’ll also learn exactly how to read a standard and review each standard in detail with industry-leading inspections experts.
NOTE: This class does not cover NSPIRE for the HCV program.
Upon completion of NSPIRE for Public Housing, you should have the skills needed to be an effective and efficient NSPIRE inspector.
- Review how NSPIRE was developed
- Compare and contrast NSPIRE and UPCS
- Identify the inspectable areas under NSPIRE
- Describe the different health and safety determinations under NSPIRE
- Name the different types of inspections under NSPIRE
- Review the NSPIRE software
- Describe the frequency of inspections under NSPIRE
- Identify the scoring methodology under NSPIRE
- Understand minimum habitability requirements
- Understand how to read a standard
- Identify and review each NSPIRE standard
AGENDA: View the agenda
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, group discussion, handouts, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: NSPIRE inspectors and supervisors
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: This seminar does not provide HUD REAC inspector certification. Visit www.hud.gov for information on REAC inspector certifications.
CREDITS: CPE units = 25.2, CEU units w/exam = 2.1
REGISTER: Select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.