Collection: Multifamily Housing Specialist (MHS)
Our Multifamily Housing Specialist (MHS) certification course provides a comprehensive training on the HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV-1, including eligibility, screening and selection, admission, rent calculation, recertification, termination, and a discussion of HUD’s multifamily systems. NMA is the only training provider that has included in its course material specific requirements for PHAs that are participating in HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program. If your PHA is participating in the RAD program and has elected to transform its public housing to project-based rental assistance (PBRA), this training is a must.
The MHS seminar is designed specifically for anyone who works with HUD’s multifamily program, including:
- Housing authorities that are transitioning to project-based rental assistance (PBRA) under the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program
- Staff who need training on HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV-1
- People who manage multifamily project-based Section 8, including management company staff
Upon completion of Multifamily Housing Specialist (MHS), you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to eligibility determination, income and rent calculations, leasing requirements, contract renewal, and successful use of the EIV and TRACS systems in multifamily housing programs.
- Describe and explain the basics of the project-based Section 8 program
- Provide an overview of the RAD PBRA program
- Explain the requirements of the tenant selection plan (TSP)
- Perform screenings for eligibility and suitability
- Describe the student rule
- Identify and calculate annual income, total tenant payment, and tenant rent
- Recognize contract rent, gross rent, and tenant rent
- Explain the general lease requirements for multifamily properties
- Determine the requirements for performing annual and interim recertifications
- Describe the requirements regarding termination of assistance, including when assistance is terminated, notification requirements, and when assistance may be reinstated
- Identify the process of repayment agreements
- Explain the use and security requirements for the multifamily EIV system
- Recognize the six contract renewal options
- Provide a basic overview of the Tenant Rental Assistance Certification (TRACS) and successful TRACS submission
- Describe the purpose and different parts of the voucher, and apply voucher requirements for payments and billing
- Explain the special claims process, including eligibility and types of claims
HOTMA-UPDATED AGENDA: View the agenda
STANDARD, NON-HOTMA AGENDA:
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, group discussion, handouts, and Q&A
LENGTH: Four days
AUDIENCE: Occupancy specialists, reexamination specialists, eligibility specialists, waiting list specialists, and property managers
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $100. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS: CPE units = 38, CEU units w/ exam = 3.2
Nan McKay & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasbaregistry.org. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
CPE Sponsor ID# 101539
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and email to email@example.com. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.
By registering for and attending this training, you agree that you will not copy, share, post, or otherwise disseminate training or exam materials, including but not limited to posting on the internet, internal network, shared drive, or other publicly accessible means of access. Unauthorized distribution of NMA materials may result in the loss of your certification and/or legal action. Hotel Recommendations: Please note that these are only recommendations. We also recommend asking for the government rate when booking rooms at any hotel. Cancellations: If you are unable to attend this seminar, you may send a substitute or receive a credit toward a future seminar, to be attended within a one-year period. If you are unable to attend, you must notify NMA in writing at least 60 calendar days prior to the start date of the seminar. If you do not notify NMA in writing, you are responsible for the entire registration fee. If you cancel less than 60 days prior to the start date of this seminar, a cancellation fee of $150 will be assessed. Substitutions must be in writing on company letterhead with the seminar name, location and attendee name, and received by NMA prior to the seminar start date. NMA reserves the right to cancel a seminar at any time. If a seminar is canceled by NMA, registration fees will be refunded or credited in full. NMA is not responsible for airfare, lodging or other related expenses. Please plan ahead by purchasing refundable airfare. Retaking Exams: Exam retake options vary; call for details. You are permitted to fail an exam three times before you are required to retake the seminar. NMA reserves the right to change any policies or pricing at any time and in its sole discretion. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 800.783.3100.
WebinarMultifamily Housing Specialist (MHS)Regular price From $800.00 USDRegular priceUnit price / per