Collection: HCV Eligibility
Maximize SEMAP points for selection from the waiting list and ensure that you and your staff understand the critical basics of housing choice voucher eligibility by enrolling in this comprehensive two-day training.
Upon completion of the HCV Eligibility training, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to determine eligibility in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
- Read and interpret HUD notices, regulations, and other resources with a focus on critical information
- Explain the requirements for disclosure and documentation of social security numbers and the requirements of verification
- Categorize the different types of citizenship status as well as the resulting types of families and identify how citizenship status affects eligibility and rent
- Discuss income limits and their role in the eligibility process
- Apply the student rule to the eligibility process
- Describe factors of eligibility, waiting list requirements, and preferences
View the agenda for in-person trainings
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Two days
AUDIENCE: Eligibility specialists, waiting list supervisors, and HCV staff
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish will receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information.
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
REGISTER: Select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.